Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Leadership?

I have been intrigued by the Bobby Petrino decision to leave the NFL for college again. I wanted to blog about my concern that he is a leadership role-model for all the players on his team, yet he has lied repeatedly to his bosses. Well, someone else beat me to the article. Pat Forde at ESPN has summarised my thoughts exactly. Here is a quote:
Bobby Petrino will return your embrace, Hog fans. But while he's hugging you he'll be looking over your shoulder, scanning the terrain for his next hook-up.

Even in a profession rife with dishonest posturing, Petrino is singularly mercenary. Loyalty, allegiance, commitment and honesty are foreign concepts to him. It must be a sad existence.

I apologize to Alabama's Nick Saban -- last year I named him president of the Liar's Club. He's been impeached and replaced by the disingenuous drifter.

Click here for the rest of the article.

No comments: