Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Stuff Christians Like

Here is a great satirical site about what Christians like. It is so true and soo funny. Here is a sample:
Lots of my friends have used dating sites and a few have met their spouses with them. But like a lot of things in society, alongside match and eharmony, Christian versions have emerged. You probably have a favorite, but based on the 978 radio commercials I've heard in the last week, I'm going with the site, "Equally Yoked."

I think this is probably a good site. They sincerely seem dedicated to helping Christians meet other Christians and it looks like a safer dating alternative. In fact, this is one of the benefits they talk about, "You are meeting proactive people with criminal background checks, sexual offender background checks, who want to be contacted!" Can you imagine if your friend set you up for a date by saying, "He's a proactive person with a sexual offender background check. And he's good with animals."

I don't have any issue with the site except the name. Being yoked just doesn't sound like an awesome experience. I know it's a biblical term and important. I believe that my wife are yoked and that yoking is all around cool. But have you ever in your life said to a friend, "I think it's time I settle down and get my yoke on."

Probably not, but when my friends that aren't Christian say, "you guys are so weird," I completely understand what they are talking about.

Thanks to Marko.

No comments: