Tuesday, July 3, 2007

My Anniversary at GBCBB

On July 17, Grace Baptist Church of Blue Bell celebrated my 10th anniversary at the church. It was a great day. I knew they were having a reception for me, I did not know all they had planned in the service. The youth group created special t-shirts for the event (tie-dyed). The church gave me a gift certificate to Barnes and Nobles, gave Dena a free spa treatment and gave us a free weekend at the shore (Ocean City, NJ). They made a highlight video of my past ten years (see other post). My friends from Royersford Baptist Church brought their youth group to celebrate with us. (See the photo below). It was amazing day.

I want to thank everyone involved in the event, Ed and Kristin, Bob, Barbara, Betty and George. I felt so much love and support, just as I have had for the past ten years. I am spoiled to be a pastor at a church that knows how to care for pastors and their families so well. It was a very special day, one I will not soon forget.

No comments: