Saturday, April 21, 2007

Stranger than Fiction

This past Sunday, I preached a sermon based on the movie, "Stranger then Fiction" starring Will Ferrell. You can listen to the sermon on our church website.

I first saw this movie on my flight back from Oxford, England. As I watched the movie, I was captivated by the premise—what would it be like to wake up one day and hear someone narrating our life. I then started thinking how this parallels being a follower of Jesus. One aspect of following Jesus is learning to hear His voice as he guides our life. I said it much better in my sermon, but you get the idea.
So go watch this movie. Then ponder what it would be like to wake up and find you in a story bigger than yourself.

I definitely give this movie an "A".


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Though not much of a fan of Will Ferrel (he is growing on me in his more mature stuff), I really loved this movie. It's one of my most favorites in recent years.

W. David Winner said...

Thanks Jim,
I agree. Usually he is too cass for me, but this one, he kept it clean.