Friday, August 3, 2007

I'm back

It has been a very busy month, so I have not found the time to blog. Side note, I am realizing that blogging takes discipline and time, two things I have little of because of my dissertation, but I will try to record my thoughts a little more often.

Here is some of what I have been doing this past month. The second week of July was our vacation bible school at church. The theme was Lift Off. It was a great week with many fun science experiences. I was in charge of the science lab.

Then I prepared for our student ministry summer mission trip to Niagara Falls, NY with Reach Workcamps. It was one of the best mission trips I have ever been on. Reach does an awesome job making it easy for my kids to connect with God while doing simple home construction for low income and elderly homeowners. Here are some pictures.


Also dyed my hair blonde, it is the surfer look.


I am now on a two month sabbatical which the church graciously gave me for 10 years of service. I am using these 2 months to write my dissertation. You can keep me in prayer as I try to spend 6-8 hours a day at my computer working on my dissertation. My goal is to finish the first 3 chapters and have my survey questions complete by October 1.

No comments: