Monday, August 27, 2007

Vacation Summary

A quick vacation summary, it was fantastic. We had a lot of down time to hangout at the pool (important since it was 100 degrees almost every day). I had lots of fun with my wife and kids. Some of the adventures we took:

Creation Museum – it was worth it because of the great discussions it allowed us to have with my kids. It is a little heavy-handed in its attitude towards culture, but that it to be expected with all the controversy it is getting in the news. It was a good visit, but I will not need to go back unless they add more features. Here are some pictures.
Outside

Archeologist

Dinosaur

Noah's Ark



We also visited the Tuckaleechee Caverns, which is awesome. Here is a bad picture.

Then we drove into the Smokey Mountain National Park and went up to the highest peak in Tennessee, Clingman’s Dome. It is 6600 feet above sea level and on the Appalachian Trail.

We also rented a pontoon boat and swam in a lake. In addition, I did not do any schoolwork, which was a great break for my mind. It was a wonderful time away.

No comments: