Monday, May 7, 2007

Princeton, part 2

Every Wednesday of the Princeton Forum on Youth Ministry is a half day. It is a great time to explore the local area. This year, Shawn and I went to New York City (we were met there by Dale and saw my friend Jeff). It was a great trip, aside from trying to find a parking spot at Princeton Junction, which there were none, so we returned to Princeton and took the “Dinky” (only lost an hour with that miss adventure).

Here are some of the highlights - Visited Times Square.


Then we stood outside of the David Letterman Studios to see Drew Barrymore. She was late and so she ran from her Suburban to the studio.



Then we went to the top of Rockefeller Plaza. I did not know it had the best view of the city (only $17.50). I could have sat there all day and soaked in the view. Unfortunately, my cell phone died so no pictures. At the bottom, Shawn and I bought a pocket charger for my phone. It actually worked.

Then we saw Spamalot. A musical I have desired to see since it opened. We bought standing room only tickets for $21.50. It was great. One of the funniest shows I have seen. I loved it.


I love NY.

More pictures are available on my Facebook thanks to Dale.

4 comments:

Shawn said...

And don't forget the sushi!

This is the comment that ends like this.

W. David Winner said...

True, the best sushi in town. A huge Broadway box of sushi for only $15.00. Wow.

Shawn said...

We just got back from Spiderman 3. We enjoyed it but definitely not as good as the first two.

But...the theater where Mary Jane sings is apparently right next door to Spamalot. As we watched Peter Parker outside the theatre I said excitedly to my wife, "That's exactly where we sat on the sidewalk and ate our lunch last week!"

W. David Winner said...

that is very cool. it is like one degree of seperation from mary jane.