Thursday, May 24, 2007

Virginia Beach

Sounds exciting to be in Virginia, but I am stuck in a hotel room studying for my final PhD exam, which I take on Friday at 3:00pm. I thought it would be fun to share some pictures from the 5 ½-hour drive to Regent.

Above the truck is a road sign that reads “Winner Ave”. Honest it is there, my camera phone is only VGA.


Pretty Flowers


What it looked like most of the time outside my car window.


My favorite spot of the whole trip – The Chesapeake Bay Bridge. I love driving on this bridge; it feels like you are in the middle of the water.

Then I like to stop on the bridge at the rest stop to stretch and watch the water up close. Here is the fishing pier.


This is the classroom building of Regent University where I will be taking my test.


Since you endured my rambling driving log, here is a definition of leadership:
Leadership is a process whereby an individual influences a group of individuals to achieve a common goal. – Northouse (2004)

2 comments:

Julie R. said...

Hey bro, just wanted to tell you I'm praying for your exam. You've been on my heart.

I'm not sure why I found your pictures hilarious, but I have had a very fun laugh -- I guess it was just fun to ride with you on your road trip! Remember Todd getting pulled over? Or the time going to Michigan we thought you were helping some poor soul but you actually had a fender bender? And to think I almost forgot such memories.....see how your photos brought it all back?!? (So THAT's what a camera phone is for!)

Blessings on your exam! We believe in you!

W. David Winner said...

Thanks sis, Your comments made me laugh as I remembered those very funny memories. I guess that is why road trips are so much fun, even by yourself and your camera phone.